The idea of creating this artwork was obtained by accident: combining a scene from my favorite movie "Green Snake" (1992) and my lamp, a very normal object that I have been using for lighting every day. What has made this particular scene unforgettable for all the audiences is that the mythical, unrealistic and delicate emotional state between the mermaid-like 'White Snake' and the 'Green Snake' which has been portrayed flawlessly by the actresses. Nevertheless, as I was watching the movie and empathized by the out-of-this-world beauty of this movie, the realistic lighting from the lamp alongside the laptop dragged me back to reality, which is how the movie was produced inside a studio with all the artificially made landscapes and lightings as well as the dying youth of the actresses. Hence, I was reminded that when people pursuing beauty, they want it to be completely separated from the daily-life but in fact, beauty is inseparable from the reality as it is originated from reality. Therefore when I was describing one of the fascinating scenes using the pen, I added the lamp into it, making the lamp kind of bland into the scene, but still some parts of the lamp obviously don't belong to the movie scene. This is the reality of beauty; it is not pure, parts of it are incredible and parts of it have to include some of the elements of reality.


Cj Hendry (www.instagram.com): day kill complicated

Gucci (www.google.com.hk): mixture roar complementary
Comments
Post a Comment